Pages

March 22, 2011

Another breakfast recipe

Sausage, omelet and avocado breakfast

These days I'm really enjoying making new breakfast dishes. Normally I'd eat pretty much the same breakfast every day, but since I'm not eating as much fruit and nuts anymore and a simple dish with some meat won't fill me up, I have to get creative.
Today's breakfast was really tasty and it did keep me full for quite some time. I made a quick dish with beef sausages, a 2-egg-omelet and served it with a small avocado. Nonetheless I was hungry again by 11.30am, which was late because I normally get hungry before 11am. Maybe my digestion just works very effectively in the morning.. Does anyone have any good theories on that?

Beef sausage and spice (serves 2)
- 200g beef sausages, chopped (I used chipolata sausages)
- 1/2 small celeriac, diced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 medium winter carrot, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan and fry sausages for a few minutes until browned.
2. Add vegetables and fry for approx. 5 minutes until they're starting to get soft.
3. Add spices, mix well and reduce heat to low. Fry for another 5 minutes until veggies are soft, stir occasionally.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment