Pages

March 21, 2011

Carrot cookies

Carrot cookies

Ok, so I have to admit.. My cravings got even worse yesterday! Causing me to bake these carrot cookies. I didn't allow myself to eat the whole batch, by immediately freezing most of them. They are really good though, so I'm sharing the recipe with you.

I have a vague idea on where my cravings came from; Friday night's cookies. (and the fact that I ate the whole batch at once)
Of course I felt sick again after eating my cookies and my stomach still doesn't feel too good. I'm definitely going to take things easy today; going to the market for my veggies (finally I get to go there again, I missed it over the last 2 weeks), some cooking, some studying and I think I'm going to go shopping too. I'm still looking for a pair of shoes to wear in New York!
Anyway, without further ado; the cookie recipe:

Carrot cookies
- 2 medium winter carrots, coarsely chopped
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cookie spices
- 1/4 cup raisins

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a foodprocessor, combine carrots, dates, almonds and coconut and process until you've got a coarse mixture.
3. Add coconut oil, eggs and spices and pulse to combine.
4. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in raisins.
5. Use your hands to shape the mixture into approx. 10 cookies on the prepared baking tray.
6. Bake for approx. 30 minutes until golden brown.
7. Let the cookies cool for at least half an hour before serving. Enjoy!

1 comment: