Pages

March 11, 2011

Garam masala zucchini fries and spicy tomato sauce

Garam masala zucchini fries + tomato sauce

Still not feeling too good today, but my meals taste pretty good, so I guess that's an improvement. I actually feel like I could eat just about anything today! (won't do that though, since I want to get better sooner rather than later)
I had to go attend a class today, all the physical exercise needed for that was to walk 10 minutes to the train station and it was too much.. I eventually arrived at the train station, all dizzy, sweating and tired, so I ended up turning around and going back home again. This sucks.. Anyway, I'll stop whining about it, because that certainly won't help. Positive thinking is key!

Click for more to see the recipes!
Right now I'm watching the movie Morning Glory, which is pretty funny. And I'll probably end up surfing the net for some recipes and interesting articles, or looking for places to go in New York. (or anywhere else on earth for that matter)

For lunch I made these zucchini fries with garam masala, and served it with a tomato sauce.
I also had a few 'muffins' that I made out of ground beef, veggies, spices and egg, for protein.

Garam masala zucchini fries (serves 2)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Wash the zucchini, remove the top and bottom ends and cut them into fries.
3. Toss the fries with the garam masala and oil in a bowl (or on the baking tray), mix well and spread them out on the baking tray.
4. Bake for approx. 25 minutes until done. Serve with some spicy tomato sauce and enjoy!

Spicy tomato sauce (serves 2)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp creamed coconut
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard seeds

1. Throw all ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. When boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for approx. 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
3. Serve over grilled vegetables, some chicken or meat, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment