Pages

March 6, 2011

Quick celeriac and beef

Quick celeriac and beef

This morning I spent some extra time making breakfast, just because I felt like it. I made yesterday's turnip parsnip fritters first, and then this quick and easy dish to go with it. Very yummy!
It filled me all the way up and I feel ready to go to the gym for a good workout, CrossFit style! I love spending my Sunday mornings this way. The weather outside is beautiful and I got woken up by the birds, I feel good :)
Yesterday I made the mistake of stepping into a bookstore and going to the travel section.. Made me want to buy so many great books and book a huge trip around the world! Maybe I can make a good Indian meal someday soon, I always love those and they make me feel like I'm on a trip.

Another thing I did to get me into travelling mode was browsing the Abercrombie & Fitch website (my all-time favourite clothing store in the USA) and listening to their playlist. They always play very, very loud music in those stores, and it's often a little wrong, but I love it because of the feeling it gives me.
Now all I need is some Starbucks tea and a trip to Whole Foods Market and I'll be in heaven!

Quick celeriac and beef (serves 2)
- 250g ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 celeriac, cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp thyme
- black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry onions until browned and soft.
2. Add beef and fry until browned.
3. Then add celeriac, cumin, thyme and black pepper and fry for at least 7-8 minutes, until celeriac is soft. Add a splash of water when the mixture tends to get too dry.
4. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment