Pages

March 26, 2011

Roasted pepper salad

Roasted pepper salad

I've been pretty lazy last week.. Only went to the gym once, and didn't really feel like doing a lot of cooking. I blame it on the exam I had last Thursday and this was my way of dealing with the stress. Not exactly the best way to so (especially since it included eating a lot of nuts, dried fruits and there might have been some potato crisps too) but 2 days later, I realised I feel much better when eating clean Paleo and going for regular workouts. And that's exactly what I'm going to do! I'm thinking about going for a run today and I might cycle to the market as well. Not sure yet..

Today I still had some peppers in my fridge and thought it would be nice to roast them in my oven. It's been such a long time since I had those, and the ones I had came out of a jar so I never really had the real deal. They're soo good! And my home smells really nice because of the roasting too.

Roasted pepper salad (serves 2)
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 small red onion, in thin rings
- 2 chicken fillets, cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
2. Wash the peppers, pat dry and put them on the prepared baking tray. Bake for approx. 1 hour, turning them every 15-20 minutes. The peppers should be black and wrinkly.
3. Let the peppers rest for a while to cool, then carefully peel the black skin off. This should be quite easy to do.
4. Remove the seeds and slice the peppers into long strips. Divide over 2 plates.
5. Divide the sliced onion over the peppers, then add the shredded chicken and capers.
6. Sprinkle with some olive oil and top with the chopped basil. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment