Pages

March 6, 2011

Spicy chicken curry & Paprika roasted broccoli

Spicy chicken curry & paprika roasted broccoli

Had a really challenging workout today! I mean, I feel my legs when I train them, but today I trained my arms and that was much worse. Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed my workout, it was hard and satisfying, and most of all; fun.
But I felt kind of weak.. I could hardly get my arms up at a certain point, they felt like rubber and didn't do what I wanted them to do anymore. So frustrating! I guess it'll just become easier over time as long as I keep training them.

In fact, my workout had cost me so much energy that I needed 4 instead of 3 large meals today! I've never experienced that before.
Breakfast was beef & celeriac and fritters. Lunch (after my workout) was a salad with mackerel and leftover fritters from breakfast. And 2 hours later I got hungry again and ate the other portion of beef & celeriac that I'd made this morning.. I'm glad I did that though, made me feel much better.
I enjoyed a 45 minute walk in the afternoon (couldn't resist going outside in this awesome weather) and, surprise surprise, I was hungry again tonight and made this spicy curry with some broccoli. It had been quite a long time since I had a curry, and this one worked out very well.

Spicy chicken curry (serves 2)
- 350g chicken fillet, diced
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 heaping tbsp creamed coconut

1. Combine diced chicken, curry paste and 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Mix well and put in the fridge to marinate for 1-4 hours.
2. Heat remaining oil in a wok or skillet and fry onion and garlic until soft.
3. Add chicken and fry until almost done.
4. Add ground coriander, tomatoes and creamed coconut and reduce heat to low. Simmer for approx. 10 minutes until thick.
5. Serve hot and enjoy!

Paprika roasted broccoli (serves 2)
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika powder

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets and toss them with the olive oil and paprika in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Spread the florets out on the prepared baking sheet and bake for approx. 15 minutes until broccoli starts getting slightly browned and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment