Pages

March 21, 2011

Spicy lemon chicken

Spicy lemon chicken

This is what my dinner looked like tonight! I wanted to create something that would almost taste like it would in Asia, and it did. Especially with the banana chips, which I got from the Asian supermarket in the city center today. They're long and thin, and have some garlic on them while not too salty. My favourite!
The curry was pretty spicy because of the chili pepper I added. Those are only 5 cm long, and just one is more than enough to create that spiciness.
I also served it with some oven roasted broccoli, which turns out to combine really well with just about anything.

My day was pretty relaxed, just as I planned. I found my New York shoes (yay!) and some other stuff as well, and I did a whole lot of groceries. I even bought a whole chicken, and I'm going to make an attempt on roasting it this Wednesday. I still haven't found a recipe that I really liked though..

Spicy lemon chicken (serves 2)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red hot chili pepper, chopped
- 350g chicken fillet, diced
- 50g shii-take (approx. 4), chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tbsp creamed coconut
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or wok and stir-fry onions, garlic and chili pepper for a few minutes until soft. Make sure you don't burn the garlic.
2. Add chicken and fry until browned on all sides.
3. Add shii-take, ginger, cardamom and coriander and stir-fry for about a minute. Then add creamed coconut and 1/2 cup water.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer until creamed coconut has dissolved completely and you've got a thick curry.
5. Add lemon zest and juice, mint and coriander leaves and stir well.
6. Serve hot with veggies of your choice and some crispy banana chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment