Pages

March 20, 2011

Stuffed pumpkin

Stuffed pumpkin 2

Had a good workout this morning. I decided to run to the gym, as it's only 1.3km (according to google maps..) and then have my regular workout. I have 3 different workouts, so the process repeats itself every week, and I'll get a new schedule every 4-6 weeks.
I normally cycle to the gym, and then they have me doing a warming up of; cycling! Feels slightly useless to me, so I thought I'd have a much better (and more fun!) warming up when I'd run there.

I couldn't figure out a way to bring my water bottle with me, so I just carried it, but running with a bottle in one hand doesn't exactly improve your running. Maybe it's a good idea to take an empty bottle with me (hardly any weight!) and fill it at the gym with tap water.
For lunch I made myself some stuffed pumpkin. Very yummy! It's easy to prepare and as soon as it's in the oven you can start doing something else around the house. I did some studying in the mean time, for my exam next week, which I'll be doing a lot over the next couple of days.

The weather's extremely sunny today and it's making me happy! I should definitely go outside for a while this afternoon. I can't keep studying for hours without a break anyhow.

Stuffed pumpkin 1

Stuffed pumpkin (serves 2)
- 1 small/medium pumpkin
- 250g ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 50g shii-take, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Scrub the pumpkin clean, cut off the top, then cut it in half and scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
3. Combine the other ingredients in a bowl and mix until well-combined.
4. Fill the pumpkin halves with the beef mixture.
5. Put the stuffed pumpkin in an oven dish and bake for 1 hour until done.
6. Serve hot, and enjoy!

1 comment: