Pages

April 8, 2011

Cauliflower mash with sausages

Cauliflower mash with sausages

Yay, weekend again! Only 2 days this time (normally I have 3, I know, I'm lucky), because I switched some days to be able to go to New York without having to take a lot of days off.
I don't have much planned for this weekend, besides going to get some US Dollars and buying stuff to pack in my suitcase (mini-shampoo, mini-shower gel, stuff like that..). I try to take as little with me as possible, so I can bring a whole lot of stuff back, without having to leave stuff behind because I did too much shopping. (yes that happened to me once or twice)

Tonight's dinner was this cauliflower mash. My colleagues asked me what I was going to have for dinner and when I said 'cauliflower puree with sausages' they looked at me as if I was insane. It tasted really good though!
The sausages I used were made of lamb and beef, I'd never had those before but they were very good! I'm going to stock my freezer and fridge all the way up again tomorrow. Although I do need to make sure I don't buy too many veggies, because my fridge needs to be almost empty before I leave next week.

Cauliflower mash (serves 2)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed

1. Boil some water in a steamer, and steam cauliflower florets and garlic for approx. 10 minutes until soft. (steaming time depends on the size of your florets)
2. With a hand blender, puree the steamed cauliflower and garlic until smooth.
3. Stir in spring onions, ginger, cinnamon and lemon juice, and serve hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment