Pages

April 3, 2011

Chicken coconut burgers

Chicken coconut burgers

Lesson I learnt today: don't eat anything spicy before a workout.
I had my leftover meatballs for breakfast this morning and went to the gym about an hour later. That didn't feel too good in my stomach..
The workout in itself went fine though, and as from next week I'll have a new workout scheme, I wonder what it's going to be like. I liked my old scheme, but I guess it's time for a change, I've been doing pretty much the same workouts for a month now.

For lunch, I had these chicken coconut burgers, along with a crispy green salad with some romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, salad herbs, EVOO, lemon juice and topped with a few raw almonds.
The burgers were really coconutty, just the way I wanted them to be. For a spicier version, you could add a red chili pepper, or serve them with some spicy (home-made) salsa of your choice.

Chicken coconut burgers (serves 2)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium winter carrot, chopped
- 400g chicken fillet, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 6 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil

1. In a foodprocessor, combine onion, garlic and carrot and process for a few seconds to a coarse mixture.
2. Add chicken, egg, ginger, cinnamon, ras el hanout and coriander and process for approx. 15 seconds. Don't let the mixture get too smooth.
3. Pulse in the dessicated coconut until well combined.
4. Scoop large tablespoons of the mixture onto a plate and shape them into burgers. This will make you approx. 10 burgers.
5. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan and fry half of the burgers over medium heat, until cooked through. This will take approx. 6-8 minutes, flip the burgers halfway.
6. Repeat process with the rest of the coconut oil and other half of the burgers.
7. Serve hot or cold with veggies of your choice, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment