Pages

April 30, 2011

Chicken curry salad with poached egg

Chicken curry salad w/ poached egg 1

It's 'Queen's Day' in the Netherlands today. (and no, that's not a day dedicated to the band Queen, which would have been nice by the way) It's a day filled with festivities, and one of those is that it's my mom's birthday today!!
Happy Birthday mom!!


I'm going to visit her this afternoon and will spend the rest of the weekend over there as well.
This morning I did my very first 20-Minute AMRAP workout: 5 pushups, 10 body weight squats, 5 burpees and 10 situps. I came to a total of 14 rounds, 5 pushups and 10 squats. And I was soo tired! I even had to lie down for a while, but it didn't take too long to recover.
Of course I needed a good recovery meal, filled with lots of protein. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to have my poached egg. The yolk was still nice and runny and I totally loved it!
I also had a cooked chicken breast in my fridge, which I shredded and made a salad out of it with some celery, carrot and a nice curry dressing with fresh coriander leaves. I hand-picked my coriander from my very own herb garden in my kitchen! (which somehow made it taste even better)

Chicken curry salad with poached egg (serves 1)
- 150g shredded roast chicken
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (scooped off the top of a cooled can of coconut milk)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- black pepper
- 1 egg, poached (click here to see how to poach an egg)

1. In a bowl, combine chicken, celery and carrot.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, lemon juice, curry powder, coriander leaves and black pepper to make your dressing.
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken and vegetables and mix well.
4. Serve with a poached egg on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment