Pages

April 26, 2011

Chicken salad with lemon coriander dressing

Chicken salad

Here's the fist dish I made with the roast chicken I had leftover from Easter. Last week in NYC I had a really nice chicken salad at Whole Foods Market (of course..) and wanted to create my own version. This worked out really well!
I figured I should make some mayonnaise for the dressing, but I had just finished the last bit of lemon juice I had left so that wasn't going to work. I did have some whole lemons, but I was going to use those for another dish. So I figured I might as well use some coconut cream and lemon zest to create my dressing, and along with some fresh coriander leaves it turned out to be delicious. And easy too!
I'm also not a huge celery fan, not at all to be honest, but I loved it this way. Somehow the dressing and the raisins didn't make it taste bitter at all and I even ate the celery leaves just like that to see what they would taste like. I liked those too.
The recipe serves just 1 person, but you can easily double it to serve more. If you'd add this salad to a foodprocessor and process it until a little smoother it would be nice to serve on crackers too.

Chicken salad with lemon coriander dressing (serves 1)
- 100g shredded roast chicken
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (or very thick coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- black pepper to taste
- some almonds, to garnish

1. In a bowl, mix chicken with celery and raisins.
2. In another bowl, stir together the coconut cream, coriander leaves, lemon zest and some black pepper to make your dressing.
3. Pour the dressing over the chicken and mix well.
4. Serve with some almonds on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment