Pages

April 1, 2011

Indian spinach chicken curry

Indian spinach chicken curry

Finally, it's weekend again! I haven't exactly been able to do a lot of cooking last week, but I plan to make up for that this weekend.
According to the weather forecast it's going to be 23 degrees Celsius tomorrow. I can't wait! I definitely need some warm, sunny weather, as it's been way too long. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to enjoy it yet, I'll probably just be outside a lot. Maybe go for a run..

Oh and it's April 1st again.. The one day of the year where everyone pulls pranks on eachother. Luckily I haven't been fooled yet today! (although there still are a couple of hours left, and I'm pretty easy to fool..)

Tonight I'm just going to watch some Prison Break. And the dishes need to be done too.. I better start with that to get it over with.
For dinner, I made myself this Indian spiced curry, as I love Indian food. They can make anything taste good! Too bad they do use a lot of yogurt in their dishes, but that's easily substituted with coconut milk, and perhaps some lemon juice.

Indian spinach chicken curry (serves 2)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400g chicken fillet, diced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 3 large handfuls of coarsely chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp creamed coconut
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped

1. Heat coconut oil in a wok or skillet and fry onions and garlic until soft.
2. Add chicken and fry until browned, then add leek and parsnip and fry for a few minutes until they start to get soft.
3. Add creamed coconut, raisins and spices (except for the coriander), mix well. Then add spinach and fry until wilted and the creamed coconut has dissolved completely and your curry is nice and thick.
4. Serve hot with some coriander on top, and enjoy!

1 comment: