Pages

April 6, 2011

Quick fritatta

Quick fritatta

A small update on my trip to New York: I found a wonderful place where you can get organic dairy-free ice cream. And it's not just their sorbet ice cream that's dairy-free, no EVERYTHING is dairy-free!! It's Ice Cream Heaven!
The place is called Stogo, so go check out their website to see their flavours. The ice cream is either coconut-, hemp- or soy-based. Of course I won't have the soy ice-cream (another one of my food intolerances), but the coconut and hemp ice-cream are great options. And the flavours they offer are amazing; toasted almond joy, cookies 'n cream, key lime, peaches 'n cream, vanilla chocolate chip, maple walnut.. Yum!
Everything's gluten-free too by the way!
My mom and me have already been drooling just by reading the flavours on the phone, and we can't wait to try some of them. The place is pretty close to our hotel, but it should've been a little further so we'd have to exercise a little more to work the ice cream off.
On their website they mention that they also feature other gluten-free vegan and raw desserts, and I can't wait to try those either. I guess we'll just have to get 2 scoops to eat right away, 2 for the walk home, and another type of dessert to enjoy back at the hotel. I don't see any other option!

Since I had to attend some classes today I needed to make myself a quick lunch. This fritatta is what came to mind and it worked out pretty well!
Luckily I had a large part of the morning off so I went for a long run; 45 minutes. Had been a while since I ran any longer than 25 minutes but it felt so easy. It hardly took me any effort.
I actually wanted to go to the gym tonight as well, but the whole afternoon has been really hectic and I'm tired now, so I won't go. I guess I'll just go to bed early tonight and go to the gym tomorrow.



Quick fritatta (serves 1)
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp fresh (or dried) Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry spring onions for a few minutes.
3. Add carrot, zucchini, Italian herbs, paprika and pepper and fry for about a minute.
4. Reduce heat to medium, spread the mixture out over the bottom of the pan and arrange the tomato slices over it.
5. Pour the whisked eggs over the veggies and sprinkle the oregano over the fritatta.
6. Fry for 3-4 minutes until the fritatta is set around the edges, then transfer the pan to the oven.
7. Bake the fritatta for approx. 6-8 minutes until set and golden brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment