Pages

April 12, 2011

Sausages in Arabic tomato parsley sauce - Last post before heading to NYC!

Sausages in Arabic tomato parsley sauce

Finally, my suitcase has been packed and I'm ready to go to NYC! Well, packed, it's still almost empty because I don't need to bring much and it's actually lying open in the middle of my living room. (I'm proud I haven't stumbled over it, so far!) All there's left to do is throw some remaining items in it (hairbrush, facial cleanser and creme, stuff like that), close it and pull my front door closed behind me.
Oh and I still need to go to work tomorrow too.. I tend to forget about that..
Today my colleagues asked me why I acting was so quiet, and I hadn't even noticed I was. My head was in just a few places, but most certainly not at work. I was just physically being there. (I guess my hay fever contributed to that feeling as well)
I'm sure that last day at work will be over before I realise it. My parents will pick me up later tomorrow evening, so we can leave early for the airport the next day.
I'll be back in the Netherlands again next Tuesday morning (the 19th). It's a bizarre idea that next week, around this time, my trip will already be over and I'll be jetlagged at home again. But.. In just 48 hours, I'll be in New York! (even in local time) So cool!

So you can expect an update on my blog again next Tuesday. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures, of the city itself, and -of course- of my food finds and paleo meals and post them all over here.

For now, here's a simple yet tasty recipe for you to enjoy: 
Sausages in Arabic tomato parsley sauce (serves 1)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 150g beef sausages, chopped up
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- black pepper
- 1 tsp Arabic spices, or garam masala
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet or frying pan and fry onion and garlic until soft.
2. Add chopped sausages and fry until browned and done, then add the red pepper and fry for about a minute.
3. Stir in the diced tomatoes, black pepper and Arabic spices and reduce heat to low. Simmer for approx. 8-10 minutes, until thick.
4. Stir in the parsley at the last moment and serve hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment