Pages

April 10, 2011

Sesame chicken and roasted broccolini

Sesame chicken and roasted broccolini

I've discovered a new veggie I love: broccolini!
I'd had it before, but just stir-fried it, and it didn't taste too different from regular broccoli. Roasting it in my oven made quite a difference though and I liked it a lot.
I served it with some chicken pieces, coated with sesame seeds, quite nice. The picture was taken just before finishing every last bit of my dinner, at which moment I figured a picture from the food up close would be nice too, instead of a picture of my whole plate right after cooking.

Roasted broccolini (serves 2)
- 400g broccolini, rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- lemon pepper

1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Put the broccolini on the prepared baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Slightly mix with your hands to coat.
3. Bake for approx. 15 minutes until tender and just slightly browned.
4. Sprinkle some lemon pepper over the broccolini and serve hot.

Sesame chicken (serves 2)
- 400g chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil

1. In a bowl, combine chicken strips, ginger, cumin and sesame seeds.
2. Mix until the chicken strips are coated with sesame seeds all over.
3. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and fry chicken strips until golden brown and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment